Let there be light!
I’ve conquered the light problem in the kitchen… for cheap! Here is a picture of what I was dealing with before:
Kitchen Fan/light before
Kitchen Light before
A bit of an improvement… would you agree?
The finished product.
Here is what I used to make them:
1. Lamp shade from Ikea
2. Light fixture from Ikea
3. Drop cloth, yep for painting
**Disregard the plastic piping, that was a tangent that didn’t make it into the final product.
- 1. Glue the drop cloth from the inside of the shade
1. Glue the drop cloth to the shade, from the inside.
3. Trim the excess fabric from the top and the bottom leaving 1/2 inch on the top to tuck & glue on the top and a full inch on the bottom (stay tuned for why…)
glued in the corner of the rounded edge of the shade, so my glue wouldn’t be as visible when the light was illuminated.
5. Double fold the extra inch you have & hot glue to the shade. Be sure not to use too much glue, this will make it bumpy.
to the fixture and, viola!